Call for participation
The Giannis and Eleni Garedaki Museum of Typography (Chania, Crete) has announced its 7th International Poster Contest, entitled Planet Earth at the ecological crossroad.
At the peak of the climate crisis, the message of environmental awareness is required to reach as many of us as possible. The poster as ‘messenger’ plays its own part in this global effort to save the planet.
The contest is open from Monday, 7 November 2022 until Friday, 10 March 2023.
Each poster should be accompanied by a short explanatory text explaining its content and purpose. The invitation mainly concerns professionals and students of graphic and visual arts.
The 30 posters selected by the jury (the members of which will be announced soon) will receive honorary distinctions and the first three will receive significant cash prizes.
- 2,000 euros the first winner
- 1,500 euros the second winner
- 1,000 euros the third winner
The winning posters will be presented in an exhibition that will be hosted in the amphitheatre of the Museum of Typography for a year, until the next competition.
The awarding of prizes and distinctions will take place on Saturday 13 May, 2023 in the amphitheatre of the Museum of Typography, at the Park of Small Industries of Chania, Souda, Crete.
Terms of participation
1. Those interested should submit their work between Monday 7 November 2022 and Friday 10 March 2023 by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. The poster should be accompanied by the entry form and a short description of the project (up to 100 words). The name of both files should be the name of the contestants.
Telephone number (with country code):
Short Description (in English): [max 100 words]
2. The dimensions should be 50 × 70 cm PDF, CMYK, image at 200 ppi and should not exceed 25 MB. Otherwise the files should be sent by wetransfer. It is necessary to attach a poster file in jpg format in low resolution up to 1 MB for web use.
3. Each participant can submit only one original project, which has not been submitted to another competition. The employees of Haniotika Nea SA and the Museum of Typography by Giannis & Eleni Garedaki are excluded from the competition.
4. The poster must bear the museum logo in either greek or english. You can find the logo at www.typography-museum.gr/logos.pdf
5. The results of the competition will be announced at the award ceremony that will be hosted in the amphitheatre of the Museum of Typography. After the ceremony, the results will be announced in the newspaper Haniotika Nea, at www.haniotika-nea.gr, on the site of the Museum of Typography www.typography-museum.gr and on the official page of the Museum of Typography on Facebook www.facebook.com/MouseioTypographias.
1. By participating in the competition, the creators declare that the data used to create their work are original and do not include the copyrights of third parties.
2. The creators of the three works that will be awarded declare that they do not retain any property rights in the works they will deliver.
3. The Museum of Typography of Giannis and Eleni Garedaki will be free to re-use freely, for any purpose and in any way, original or adapted, all or part of the material sent by the 30 creators who receive awards or honors.
4. Participation in the competition automatically implies acceptance of the terms of this notice.