Back to top
 

French printmaking 1890-1905 available online

News   February 2016   

The Van Gogh Museum (Netherlands) has made available online an extraordinary collection of French printmaking with a beautiful and easy to navigate interface design. Hope you enjoy it. http://www.vangoghmuseum.nl/en/prints/home

Frogmore living museum of papermaking in danger of closure

News   19 January 2016   AEPM asbl

The unique Frogmore living museum of papermaking in Hertfordshire (UK) is under threat of closure. The Frogmore mill pioneered the use of Fourdrinier paper-making machines in the opening years of the 19th century and still operates Victorian era machines as part of its museum activities. Its parent organisation, the Apsley paper trail charity, which maintains […]

Conference: British and Irish print networks

News   11-12 July 2016   AEPM asbl

Print Networks call for papers * DEADLINE NOW EXTENDED TO FEBRUARY 1* British and Irish Print Networks 11-12 July 2016 Moore Institute, National University of Ireland, Galway The 19th Print networks conference will have as its theme ‘British and Irish print networks’. In the eighteenth and nineteenth centuries, Ireland became increasingly integrated within a British […]

Conference: The song of the sans serif

News   January 2016   AEPM asbl

Call for papers The song of the sans serif Conference to be held at the Centre for printing history & culture (CPHC) Birmingham City University / University of Birmingham 30 September 2016 Details From printing types to digital typography the sans serif resonates across both page and screen; and from the advent of Caslon IV’s […]

Lyon book history workshop 2016

News   4-7 July 2016   AEPM asbl

Registration is now open for the 2016 Lyon book history workshop. Dates: Monday 4 July to Thursday 7 July 2016 Venue: Lyon, France The Lyon-based Institut d’histoire du livre organises an annual summer workshop in Lyon, whose purpose is to improve skills in the interpretation and understanding of specific fields relating to our written and […]

Mission accomplished. Many thanks from Colophon!

News   January 2016   AEPM asbl

The target has been reached but the campaign still has a week to run A word (in French) of heartfelt thanks from our colleagues Chantal and Yoann who run the Colophon printing museum in Grignan in the Drôme region of France. Their fundraising campaign has been a resounding success and they have reached their target […]

A final effort for Colophon

News   January 2016   AEPM asbl

Save a printing museum in 10 days? Easy peasy! The Colophon printing museum/workshop/bookshop recently launched an appeal for financial support to ensure their future. The response was massively positive and they have already raised 92% of the target sum (17,000 euros). That leaves them with ten days to raise the last 8%. Which will be […]

Hand press fair (Hamburg)

News   16-17 January 2016   AEPM asbl

11th Northern Germany hand press fair Over 50 exhibitors will be present at the 11th Northern Germany hand press fair 16-17 January 2016 Museum der Arbeit Hamburg (Germany).           Programme (in German on the Museum de Arbeit web site) or download programme in printable PDF format.

Conference: Printers unite!

News   3-4 November 2016   AEPM asbl

Call for papers for a forthcoming conference at The Centre for printing history and culture Printers unite! Print and protest from the early modern to the present ‘Printers unite!’ is a phrase that evokes the historic solidarities and struggles of printers and their eventual consolidation into a single trade union, Unite.  On the 90th and 30th […]