The theme of the contest is: Racism – Xenophobia
In the land of Zeus Xenios, on the island of the protector of strangers already since the ancient times, this year’s international poster contest is scheduled to take place, bearing the title “Racism – Xenophobia”, emphasising once again a burning issue for the whole world.
Entries are open until Friday, 1 March 2024.
Entries will be judged by a committee, consisting of three members:
— Katerina Papanagiotou, founding member of the awarded with graphic design and illustration prizes MNP Athens and Creative Director, professor at the Vakalo Art & Design College.
— Katerina Lazaridou, studied graphic design-decoration, active in the graphic arts from 1979 to 2018, while currently studying in the Athens School of Fine Arts.
— Alexandros Kokkolas, graphic designer, Creative Director AKC and professor at the Vakalo Art & Design College.
Terms of participation
One poster should be submitted, accompanied by a short text explaining its content and purpose.
The invitation concerns adults, mainly professionals and students of graphic and visual arts.
From the 30 posters selected by the jury, the first three will receive significant cash prizes.
• 2,000 euros the first winner
• 1,500 euros the second winner
• 1,000 euros the third winner
The winning posters will be presented in an exhibition that will be hosted in the amphitheater of the Museum of Typography for a year, until the next competition.
The awards ceremony will take place on Saturday, 25 May, 2024, in the Amphitheater of the Museum of Typography, at the Park of Local Industries in Chania, Souda, Crete.
1) Entries can be submitted up until Friday, 1 March 2024, by email to: email@example.com.
The poster should be accompanied by the entry form and a short description of the project (up to 100 words).
The name of both files should be the name of the contestant.
The details of the entry form are:
Telephone number (with country code)
Short Description (in English): [max 100 words]
2) It is forbidden to use AI. The dimensions should be 50 × 70 cm PDF, CMYK, image at 200 ppi and should not exceed 25 MB. Otherwise the files should be sent by wetransfer. It is necessary to attach a poster file in jpg format in low resolution up to 1 MB for web use.
3) Each participant can submit only one, original project, which has not participated in another competition. The employees of Haniotika Nea SA and the Museum of Typography by Yiannis & Eleni Garedakis are excluded from the competition.
4) The poster must bear the museum logo, either in Greek or in English. You can find the logo at www.typography-museum.gr/logos.pdf
5) The results of the competition will be announced at the awards ceremony, to be be hosted in the amphitheater of the Museum of Typography. After the ceremony, the results will be announced in the newspaper Haniotika Nea, at www.haniotika-nea.gr, on the website of the Museum of Typography and on the official page of the Museum of Typography on facebook www. Μουσείο Τυπογραφίας / Museum of Typography.
1. By participating in the competition, the creators declare that the data used to create their work is original and does not include the copyrights of third parties.
2. The creators of the three works that will be awarded declare that they do not retain any property rights in the works they will deliver.
3. The Museum of Typography of Yiannis and Eleni Garedaki will be free to re-use freely, for any purpose and in any way, original or adapted, whole or part of the material sent by the 30 creators who receive awards.
4. Participation in the competition automatically implies acceptance of the terms of this notice.